It’s Valentines Day week y’all… that time of the year when everyone decides to show their loved ones how much they care for them. I never personally celebrated the day until I met Roy. And even still, I believe that showing your partner random acts of love throughout the year is better than reserving your generosity and thoughtfulness for just one day of the year…
But we all know what happens when February 14th comes around. Valentines Day is one of those holidays that isn’t big enough to take time off of work for, but if you have a significant other, they are usually expecting to make the day somewhat special. Depending on your budget and the type of person your partner is, you can get creative with how you choose to make it a day for you both to remember.
I’ve been compiling a list at random for a few weeks now. There’s no order to this list… only ideas. You should know what your partner would appreciate and what they could do without. I tried to make some ideas budget friendly as well. I also think I’ll keep adding to this list whenever I get a new idea so keep checking if you haven’t found anything at first glance!
… And if you don’t have someone to call your bae, treat yourself or a close friend to something on the list 😉
Here we go…
- FOOD – I’d take a two piece combo from Popeyes (they come rare these days 😭) over chocolate any day! Take them to their favorite restaurant.
- Self Care Products – think face masks, bath bombs, massagers, body scrubs, eye patches, etc. The list is endless and you can usually find all of these at your local drug store. Grab a few of each and do a self care box.
- Remember your anniversary – if y’all have been together for a while, get something with your anniversary date on it… a keychain, jewelry, magnet or wall/home decor.
- Put their face on something (pun intended 😝 lol) – if they love taking photos or you both have a lot of photos together, put your favorite one on something like a cup, T-shirt or phone case. Or just print and frame it.
- Offer to pay a small bill – I don’t think there’s anyone who wouldn’t appreciate a bill taken care of!
- A photo bank card – for more serious relationships where you are at the point of co-mingling finances, get them a bank card with a photo of you both on it to start a joint bank account.
- Engraved keys – ready to give them a key to your apartment or house? Get it engraved with their initials or your anniversary date.
- A new wallet or other old necessary thing – to replace the old one they don’t want to let go of.
- One of those Instax cameras or a phone printer – everyone seems to have one of these for cute tangible photos (of you two) on the go.
- Some AirPods – if you have AirPods money. 😅
- Candles – I love candles… who doesn’t like a nice smelling home? Think about what perfume or cologne your partner likes and get a few candles with the same type of scent.
- A self-help book or reflection journal – it’s still early enough in the year for them to start writing down their aspirations for the long and short term. Or to read ways to make the best of their year.
- A robe – I happened to get one as a freebie with another purchase last year and I love this thing! A great gift for a partner who doesn’t like wearing clothes at home.
- A mini photo book of some of their IG photos – there are a lot of apps that do this such as Print Studio. Everything is so digital these days but there are lots of us who still appreciate photo albums.
- A movie date – as typical as this suggestion is, the industry knows movie make a great date, especially for new couples. So there’s always something good coming out around Valentines Day. Make sure to reserve seats though! Theaters are usually PACKED!
- A pedicure date – go get pedicures together at a nail salon that serves drinks and has massage chairs. And relax… If you don’t wanna get a pedicure too, at least pay for it and throw in some manicure money too.
- A hand-written note or card – has your partner ever seen your handwriting?
- Gift cards – comes off as last minute desperation… but the right one would make up for it. Especially food related ones. Go upwards of $20 if you can!
- Matching kicks – if you got matching kicks money 😅 Roy put me onto Goat.com for sneakers. They take afterpay lol you’re welcome.
- A flower bath – you or your partner got a garden tub or larger? Make sure it’s clean. Grab some bath salts, a bath bomb, soap for bubbles and some rose petals or floating flowers. If you both can fit in the tub together, better yet. If not, serve them a glass of wine in the tub and give them a foot massage 😉
Keep checking for more ideas!